A Release Candidate is now available: https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=334985#p1351464
This project will ready Essential Theme for Moodle 3.1 and revert it back to a child of Bootstrapbase.
Read more about Essential theme here: https://moodle.org/plugins/theme_essential
In addition, the following subtasks will be completed ensuring that Essential continues to be one of the most downloaded, popular and flexible themes available for Moodle:
- Improving / checking the CSS to ensure that it is compatible. There is already a few reported issues and I can see that new CSS in M3.1 core is conflicting with how Essential works.
- Check / add new icons.
- Produce a beta version, release, be paid, and then promise (as per last time) to bug fix to a stable version.
- Add in the new navbar search that is in M3.1 core.
- Deal with the notification templates.
- Check that the overridden course format classes operate correctly.
- Update to the latest FontAwesome.
Ref: https://github.com/moodle/moodle/blob/MOODLE_31_STABLE/theme/upgrade.txt#L4-L16 - for the M3.1 changes / improvements / things I need to consider.