This project will ready Essential Theme for Moodle 3.2 and 3.3.
Read more about Essential theme here: https://moodle.org/plugins/theme_essential
In addition, the following subtasks will be completed ensuring that Essential continues to be one of the most downloaded, popular and flexible themes available for Moodle:
- Improving / checking the CSS to ensure that it is compatible.
- Check / add new icons.
- Produce a beta version for M3.2, release, be paid, and then promise (as per last time) to bug fix to a stable version.
- Produce an alpha version for M3.3 as the development currently stands, release and monitor changes to the M3.3 development. Upon release of the stable M3.3, release a beta version and finalise any last minute issues towards a stable version.
- Check that the overridden course format classes operate correctly.
- Remove and check all RTL styles as new CSS 'flip' mechanism in M3.2. Please see 'RTLCSS-PHP' - https://github.com/moodlehq/rtlcss-php.
- Investigate if it is possible to use the new core 'logo' and 'compactlogo' settings instead of those in the theme.
Ref: https://github.com/moodle/moodle/blob/MOODLE_32_STABLE/theme/upgrade.txt#L4-L61 for the M3.2 changes / improvements / things I need to consider.
Ref: https://github.com/moodle/moodle/blob/master/theme/upgrade.txt#L4 and below for the M3.3 changes / improvements / things I need to consider.